Restricted Asbestos Licence
A licence is required in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain asbestos. A Restricted Asbestos Removal Licence allows people to remove amounts exceeding 10 square metres of bonded (non-friable) asbestos. Those completing this course will be able to properly supervise, manage and carry out asbestos work involving non-friable (bonded) asbestos-containing material.
The licence will be valid for three years.
For more information, visit: www.worksafe.wa.gov.au
Applicants for a Restricted Asbestos Licence will be required to submit to WorkSafe a written application form for a Restricted Asbestos Licence, pay an application fee; and provide evidence of ability to remove asbestos in a safe and proper manner (completion of this course).
There are no pre requisites for this course.
MODULE 1: MODULE ONE: LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK
• Describe the legislative requirements of the Occupational Safety
and Health Act 1984, supporting Regulations and associated Codes and Standards.
• Identify types of asbestos, including friable and non friable asbestos and its uses.
• Describe the health effects relating to asbestos exposure.
MODULE 2: RISK MANAGEMENT
• Identify hazards in the work area.
• Conduct a risk assessment.
• Identify the controls required.
• Identify and select PPE & clothing.
• Prepare a Safe Work Method Statement.
MODULE 3: REMOVAL & DISPOSAL OF NON FRIABLE (BONDED) ASBESTOS
• Plan the removal of asbestos.
• Outline procedures for the removal of asbestos.
• Outline procedures for clean up and decontamination of worksite, tools and workers.
• Identify the methods of transporting and disposing of asbestos containing materials safely in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
Candidates will be awarded with a Statement of Completion which is required to apply for the licence.
$310.00 per person
Saturdays by appt - $350.00 8-12noon
Construction Training Fund subsidy of $200 is available to eligible candidates.
Contact www.bcitf.org for eligibility.
North of River – Wednesdays (subject to min participants)
South of River – Every Friday 12noon to 4pm (enrolment before Thursday noon)
On Demand and On Site
Albany, Broome, Esperance, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Newman and Port Hedland
For on site course costs, please contact AWT.
Resources required for on site training are:
• Air-conditioned training room comfortable for up to 15 trainees.
• White Board/Projector Screen